dinsdag 1 juni 2010

#3 Rotterdam: a Dan Brown book

I was thinking about a release with a theme. But could quite make up my mind. One thing that bugged me was walking along Weena, a wide street in the centre of Rotterdam, that not many people passed by this route. Or if they did they seemd to be in a hurry.

Further down the street there were a few "beelden". One of these was in front of a building of one of the biggest industries in the Netherlands. I couldn't make out what the title and subject of the image was. And the building was so quiet during a Sunday. Not the right place. Not even on the sunny steps in front....

Moving on, I passed some nice statues by Willem de Kooning. Really nice, a "Sitting Woman". But there were some women sitting in front of it. And I simply didn't dare climbing up the green and leaving a book on the stone woman's lap. It was tempting... but maybe some other day.

I walked on. and I ended up on a square with some high buildings. Under one of these I noticed many people passing by from a nearby metrostation. And under it was a small memorial statue for people that were lost during the first stages of World War 2. This seemed to be a good place. The statue was a symbol for people lost in the War. The book title: "lost symbol"

Maybe a little farfetched. Maybe not in accordance with the idea of the memorial statue. I hesitated. Then I left the book. And walked away hoping for the best.

I haven't heard anything. A failed themed release? Maybe it was a bad choice to leave a thriller on such a place. Next time I will leave something more appropriate. A book about Zadkines statues or something. And I will look for another place for a book like this.

FURTHER READING
Read about it in the relevant Journal on the bookcrossing site.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten